Joe's Movie Reviews

Monday, January 31, 2005

Oscar List Change



Mark one change down on my list of Oscar picks as previously published. I miss out (by choice) on a lot of the really cheesy commercial films, but rarely the good art house flicks. However, "The Motorcycle Diaries" managed to come and go on its first run without my ever catching up with it. Thus, I didn't pick it for my personal choice as "Best Adapted Screenplay". Well, the 6-screen Hopkins (which, like the old, original torn-down-in-1985 Hopkins Theatre, often devotes at least one screen to artier stuff) is currently showing "Motorcycle Diaries" along with its more commercial second-run stuff, and I caught it this past Saturday. I would have picked it if I'd seen it before I wrote that list, and it goes on there now. A seriously good movie with a very insightful script. Anyone who says screenwriting isn't a real art... HAH!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home